and I don't mean bowel syndrome. Apparently the further along in my pregnancy I get, the more emotional and irritable I am becoming. Damien can do or say something so minor and for whatever reason, it upsets me. I am trying to think of an example, but for some reason it's escaping me. (See related article) I even asked Damien and he couldn't remember. Since he's not pregnant, I blame his memory loss on old age :) One instance of my irritability is so fresh on my mind, that I can share it.
As many of you mothers may know, when pregnant, you are not suppose to sleep on your back. I asked my doctor about this, as I often wake up and I am on my back. She said that I would know when I can't sleep on my back anymore as I won't be able to breathe. Well last night, Damien caught me on my back when he woke up at 3am with the storms. Vaguely, I remember him saying, you're on your back, rollover, and I then rolling over. This morning he asked if I remembered our pleasant exchange, and I said kind of. He then proceeded to relive the story as I just told with a different ending. Apparently, there was a SHUT UP thrown in there, from me. Whoops! He shouldn't be bossing me around.
As many of you mothers may know, when pregnant, you are not suppose to sleep on your back. I asked my doctor about this, as I often wake up and I am on my back. She said that I would know when I can't sleep on my back anymore as I won't be able to breathe. Well last night, Damien caught me on my back when he woke up at 3am with the storms. Vaguely, I remember him saying, you're on your back, rollover, and I then rolling over. This morning he asked if I remembered our pleasant exchange, and I said kind of. He then proceeded to relive the story as I just told with a different ending. Apparently, there was a SHUT UP thrown in there, from me. Whoops! He shouldn't be bossing me around.
4 comments:
Girl...I'm sure Kris got a shut up once in a while, along with a few other things too! Have you started crying about anything and everything yet? Oh yeah...it's fun!!! Just wait!
I once beat up the bed post on our (old) bed with my pillow in the middle of the night. Had Brent been any closer we might have been in the ER... but let's just say he paid me back one night in his sleep when he swiped mine from under my head and wacked me with it ( we are dangerous sleepers)
I ended up on my back too... I found that when I went to bed I took an extra pillow ( even travel size) and stuffed it at the small of my back. It was just enough to prevent me from rolling over.
Damien... THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
And yet we all seem to sign up for seconds and thirds. I am not sure how that happens.
I used to get so scared when I would wake up on my back! Get a nice long body pillow. It will keep you from rolling over and create a protective barrier for Damien if you put it in the middle!
Post a Comment